At First Tee – The Lowcountry, we’re Building Game Changers by empowering kids and teens to be the best version of themselves.
By seamlessly integrating the game of golf with character-building, we create learning experiences that help kids uncover their inner strength, self-confidence, and resilience that they can carry to everything they do.
Our trained coaches not only provide an introduction to junior golf and an opportunity to enhance golf skills, but they also create a safe, supportive, and empowering environment to help your child prepare for life ahead, including friendships, school, college and even their careers.
Through our program, kids will learn skills that stay with them for life:
- Understanding and managing emotions
- Resolving conflicts
- Setting up step-by-step goals
- Planning for the future
- Appreciating diversity
- Golf fundamentals and advanced techniques
Advancing through the Program
At each age group, participants engage with the 5 Key Commitments: Pursuing Goals, Growing through Challenge, Collaborating with Others, Building Positive Self-Identity, and Using Good Judgement, while focusing on mastering golf fundamentals and building upon a golf skill foundation as they advance within the program.
- Be active and have fun with peers in a safe and encouraging manner
- Build inner strength and self-confidence
- Learn to play golf
- Focus on building relationships with other players while exploring the game of golf
- Explore character concepts in active and collaborative ways that are valuable on and off the course
- Develop golf skills and enthusiasm for the game
- Support positive Game Changing behaviors in fun and meaningful ways
- Explore both golf skills and characters commitments while having fun with peers
- Provide opportunities to demonstrate mastery and growth in golf skills and abilities
- Support growth and development of early adolescents
- Build character and support personal development
- Develop additional golf skills and abilities
- Look toward their future and plan their own paths
- Evaluate, reflect, and apply their understanding of life and golf skills to new situations on and off the course
Come Join The Fun!
Sign up for our emails here: http://bit.ly/FirstTeeEmail
Weekly Classes Offered throughout The Lowcountry
First Tee – The Lowcountry emphasizes Nine Core Values: honesty, integrity, sportsmanship, respect, confidence, responsibility, perseverance, courtesy and judgment. Participants will get active and play golf with their age-group peers to help them build inner strength, self-confidence, and enthusiasm for the game. Classes are designed to accommodate new and returning golfers of the same age. Participants will register and be grouped by age and will progress through the program as they “age up” with lessons adjusted to challenge players at their skill level.
Cost of All Classes: $80 Registration Fee (Scholarships Available, See Below)
In order to ensure a quality learning experience, class size minimums and maximums may vary by location and/or type of class. If there are not enough kids registered for a class, we will contact you to discuss other options.
Spring 2024 Life Skills Experience Schedule (Registration opens on February 7th)
Classes will begin on March 11th. Each class is held one day a week on the scheduled day and will continue for 7 weekly sessions. See below for our full schedule.
Scholarships are easily available to anyone who qualifies. Participants currently enrolled in the South Carolina Free or Reduced Lunch program or cases of family financial hardship may qualify. Please apply online when registering your child in one of our Life Skills Experience Programs.
What do Participants need?
Participants are encouraged to wear appropriate golf attire when attending class. Participants do NOT need clubs to participate but are encouraged to bring their own if they have them. We will provide appropriate golf equipment for them to borrow for the class time. They may bring their own water/snacks if desired. Cold water will be provided via water cooler at the golf course.
Financial Aid Easily Available – Apply online or Email Aaron Immel at email@example.com
Spring 2024 Classes – LOCATIONS **Registration Opens February 7th**
First Tee – The Lowcountry Campus – LIFE SKILLS CLASSES
Monday AGES 10 TO 12: 4:30 to 5:45
Monday AGES 13 AND OLDER: 6 to 7:15 PM
Tuesday AGES 7 TO 9: 4:30 to 5:45 PM – OR – 6 to 7:15 PM
Saturday AGES 7 TO 9: 10:30 to 11:45 AM
Rose Hill Golf Club – LIFE SKILLS CLASSES
Thursday AGES 10 and Older: 5 to 6:15 PM
The Golf Club at Hilton Head Lakes – LIFE SKILLS CLASSES
Wednesday AGES 7 TO 9: 4:30 to 5:45 PM – OR – 6 to 7:15 PM
The Landing at Pleasant Point – LIFE SKILLS CLASSES
Tuesday AGES 7 TO 9: 4:30 to 5:45 PM
Tuesday AGES 10 AND OLDER: 6 to 7:15 PM
Financial Aid Easily Available – Apply online or email Aaron Immel at firstname.lastname@example.org